St. Michaelís High School, located at Digha Ghat in Patna, is a Catholic Missionary educational instition, founded in 1858, by the first Bishop of Patna, Dr. Anastasius Hartmann (of the Franciscan (Capuchin) Missionary Society). Begun as a boarding school for poor and orphan boys under the Catholic Chruch at Kurji, the School has witnessed tremendous growth in terms of strength of students on its rolls, and physical infrastructure. With over 3000 students (both boys and girls) on its rolls today, the school is poised for further growth as it moves into the 155th year of its founding.
St. Michaelís has made several steps in its growth. In 1894, the management of the School was handed over to the Irish Christian Brothers, well-known for their all-round education to students particularly through boarding and hostels. It became a high school, and sent up the first batch of four students to high school examination in 1896. By the time St. Michaelís High School celebrated its Centenary(1958), it had become an outstanding institution in Bihar, both in the field of academics and in co-curricular activities.
Updated on: [November 29, 2017]