St. Germain High School was founded in January 1944 by Rt. Rev. Thomas Pothacamury, Archbishop of Bangalore. The school was named after Rev. Fr. St. Germain, a much loved French Priest, who was on the staff of St. Joseph’s High School, which incidentally had also been housed in the same premises till it was shifted to the Museum Road.
The school is a private, unaided, minority educational institution, administered by the Archdiocesan Board of Education of Bangalore. It also has a Boarding house called ‘St. Germain Home‘.
Being an Anglo-Indian School, it has a number of staff and students from this community. However, admission is open to boys from all religions and communities without discrimination.
The school prepares students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (1CSE). Imparting value-based education is one of its main objectives.
Updated on: [September 19, 2018]