Holy Angelsí Convent School, Bharuch, Established in 1963 is Catholic minority Educational Institution recognized by the Dept. of Education, Gujarat State. It was managed by the Sisters of the Society of the Daughters of the Cross, from 1963-1987. From 1987 it was taken over by the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Ann of Providence, founded in Turin (Italy) in the year 1834 by a couple Marquis and Marchioness of Barolo-which has its Generalate in Rome, Italy.
The Congregation having its houses in Italy, India, United States of America, Switzerland, Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Philippines and Cameroon fulfils its mission of Christian formation of young children at the same time renders other charitable services like health care, social work etc.
The School imparts instruction to students from Kindergarten to Std. XI in English Medium. This year [2011-2012] The Management has opened class XI [Commerce] and is recognized by the Gujarat board of Education.
In India it has several schools in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Uttaranchal, also an Autonomous University and a number of colleges in India.
Updated on: [August 24, 2018]