The foundation stone for CHINMAYA VIDYALAYA, ANNA NAGAR was laid by the great visionary His Holiness. Swami Chinmayanandaji on 1 st January 1989. With a strength of 11 students, four faculty members, the school started functioning. His Holiness Swami. Siddhanandaji, Acharya, Philadelphia, initiated the students to "Akshara Abhyasa". The Decennial Celebrations of the school were held on October 18th 1999. His Holiness Swami Tejomayanandaji, Head, Chinmaya Mission World Wide graced the occasion and blessed the gathering. The school has carved a niche for itself in terms of being one of the best schools in the city with an excellent and long standing academic record.
The Vidyalaya operating under Central Chinmaya Mission Trust, Mumbai, besides offering formal education through the CBSE stream, imparts value based education which extends a strong and effective moral foundation.The methodology based on "Chinmaya Vision Programme" establishes a foundation for integrated personality development, extends an indepth knowledge of Indian-culture and instils feelings of patriotism.
The school has grown from strength of 11 students to nearly 1800 students and the teaching faculty from 4 to 80. From a humble beginning the school building has become a strong edifice with 39 classrooms, a spacious playground and a grand Auditorium with a seating capacity of 500-and also a full fledged annexe building.
The subject clubs of our school like, Literary Club, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies Clubs keep the students aware of the latest development in the subjects.
Updated on: [September 21, 2017]