Tatachem DAV Public School, is a 61 years old school which was founded in the year 1953 by the Jesuits and was then known as The Anglo Vernacular School. Later, it came to be known as Mithapur High School (English Medium) and was running classes from V to XII under Gujarat State Education Board.
From a humble beginning with just 3 students, the school grew by leaps and bounds over the years. The school indeed came a long way and now it has about 1800 students, 66 teachers, 3 office and 15 support staff.
On April 12th 2010, Mithapur High school was rechristened as Tatachem DAV Public School, (TCDAVPS) and started running the central curriculum of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, under the administrative and academic supervision of the prestigious educational trust, known as DAV College Managing Committee (DAV CMC), New Delhi.
In 2011, students of neighbouring Kindergarten Primary School (KPS), Mithapur, admitted themselves to Tatachem DAV Public School. Their teachers also moved to this school
As a part of its corporate social responsibility (CSR), Tata Chemicals Limited extends is all support, including financial, to TCDAVPS.
From roots to wings and from a seed to an oak tree, Tatachem DAV Public School (TCDAVPS) stands a witness to the giant leap it has made in the educational scenario at Mithapur. The dream of Dr. Kapilram Vakil to start a school has indeed not only come true but has taken the school to unfathomable heights.
The school caters to the educational needs of the children of employees of Tata Chemicals Ltd as well as to the children of the adjoining places of Okhamandal. Now, it runs classes from LKG to class XII and prepares students for both science and commerce streams.
Updated on: [August 23, 2018]