Mahangu Bhagat DAV Public School, Lohardaga started as DAV Centenary Public School, Lohardaga in rented premises in 1986 with the aim of providing quality education to the wards of tribals and economically weaker sections of this densely tribal belt of Jharkhand vide DAV CMC resolution no. 136 dated 18/10/1992 with stress on inculcation of patriotism, high moral values, ethos and all round development of personality of the future citizens of India by providing modern scientific temper along with ancient Indian thoughts and thereby inculcating pride in their national heritage. The school runs on the national secular pattern without making any discrimination on the basis of caste, colour, creed and gender. The school tries to create a society envisioned by the founding fathers of modern India in the constitution of the Republic. It has its own pucca building on 2 acres of land leased out by late Mrs. Nirasmani Bhagat & late Mr. Bhukhla Bhagat in1993 for 40 years and there after donated in the memory of late Sh. Mahangu Bhagat at Karamtoli, Juria, Lohardaga
Late Sh. Manmohan Lal Gupta & late Sh. Jagmohan Lal Gupta of the Laxminarayan Educational Trust, Lohardaga generously donated all the piece & parcel of 130 Kari of land with pucca building in plot nos. 1240 & 1241 in the memory of their late parents Shrimati Sulochana Devi & Laxminarayan Sahu to run as Sulochana Devi Laxminarayan DAV Public School, Junior at Shastri Chowk, Lohardaga.
The school prepares students for class X and XII (Science) examinations of CBSE, New Delhi strictly. It has been affiliated with CBSE, New Delhi since 1st April, 1999 for Class –X examination & has been upgraded to +2 examination Science stream since 1st April, 2002 with affiliation no. 3430133. It enjoys high reputation in this part of Jharkhand as an institution of excellence.
Updated on: [November 12, 2018]