DAV Public School, Latehar, Jharkhand was established in July 2010 in a rented building of 20 rooms and a campus of about 2 acres with pucca boundary wall provided by the District Administration, Latehar. Initially there were classes from LKG to V. It was accorded approval by DAV College Managing committee, New Delhi vide its resolution no. PS/Latehar-Jharkhand/G-7/4769 dt. 06/07/2011. Mrs. Chandrawanti Kunwar widow of Late Bhola Sharan, a renowned lawyer and social activists donated 4 acres of land.
At present the school is running classes up to VIII. DAV CMC has granted its approval to upgrade the school up to XII. The school is gradually developing its infrastructure. It has a library with above 1700 books, a well equipped computer lab, an audio-visual room with Projector and the electronic Teaching Aids, well equipped Science lab etc. for the effective teaching. Holding the CCA’s for the all round development of the students is a regular feature of the school. The students of the school have won quite a few prizes in the District as well as Zonal level inter school competitions like dance, song, quiz, debate, rhymes, sports, athletics etc.
Situated in an educationally & socially backward naxal prone area, the school is carrying forth the missions & messages of the Arya Samaj and is rendering its social responsibility to uplift the socially and educationally deprived students of the area. Within such a short span the school has earned a good reputation in the society for imparting quality modern education amalgamated with the time tested Vedic values with a view to creating socially useful conscientious citizens.
Updated on: [January 10, 2018]