St. Peterís School Ė B.C. Road, Jammu or commonly known as "St. Peter's" or "B.C. Road", was the center of the missionary activities in Jammu region. It used to be the transit house for all the missionaries travelling to Kashmir, Poonch and other places. Msgr. George Shanks who visited Jammu in 1952 felt the need of having a priest in the region as a caretaker for the various missionary activities, which was being looked after by Capuchins from Sialkot, prior to the partition of India. Father Boerkamp came in 1952 and began to look after the Catholics who were scattered in different parts of Jammu city. In the beginning he lived in a rented house in Kashmiri Mohalla, but in 1954 a banglow was bought in B.C. Road, Jammu, which became the official residence and the centre of the mission in Jammu-Poonch region till the Cathedral was built in 1986. A spacious prayer hall was built which was used on Sundays for Mass, till a suitable building was found in the Christian colony itself in the year 1984. Jesus' inner circle, thrice denied Jesus, and preached on the day of Pentecost.
In 1991 the prayer hall was demolished and a two storied building was built and blessed by the Bishop Hippolytus Kunnukal on 4th February 1993.
Updated on: [January 11, 2018]