ARMY PUBLIC SCHOOL RATNUCHAK, a co-educational institute was established on 01 july 1983, mainly for imparting quality education of Indian Armed Forces under the dynamic and valuable guidance of Brig Vinod Saighal as the first chairman of the school. The School at that time was up to 8th standard with the total strength of 100 students. The school has the period privilege of being running under the aegis of Army Welfare Educational Society (AWES) since 1st of July 1983 and stands affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) vide code no 730006. The hobble initiative at that time has transformed into a giant leap today. The School was upgraded to class 10th in 1987 and subsequently to class 12th in 1989. The temporary barracks and TR Huts of APSR was transformed into a presentable infrastructure with the changing scenario. This herculean task was accomplished within a record time. The strength of the school leaped from 100 students to 1500 students with the passage of time.
APSR has been re-designated as Army Public School Ratnuchak on 1st of July 2011 with classes upto 12th standard with a strength of 1500 students and embrace with a comfortable and presentable infrastructure and endeavor to adopt technical approach towards education.
Updated on: [January 11, 2018]