The Bishop Westcott Schools were founded by the Right Rev. Dr. Foss Westcott, Bishop of Chotanagpur in 1921. Bishop Westcott Boys' School was founded in 1927.Initially, the school was meant for Anglo Indian children, most of whose parents were either missionaries or in the foreign service. Later on other children of other communities were taken in and the school achieved a secular status. The school premises is situated on the lands of the villages of jorar and Namkum, which are in the outskirts of Ranchi.
Namkum is a sleepy hollow approx.6 km east of Ranchi, on the banks of the famous Subarnarekha river. It has its own Railway station and is easily accessible by Road. As there are no major industries nearby, it is free from pollution and is also a very quiet place, the ideal setting for a school.
Updated on: [December 14, 2017]