St. Joseph’s School, Kanpur is a Christian Minority Institution established and administered by the Religious Congregation of the Ursuline Sisters of Mary Immaculate, founded by Mother Brigida of Jesus in 1649.
The School aims at the education of the Catholic Community around and extends its service to members of other communities to the extent possible.
It conducts classes upto Std. XII in accordance with the (10+2) Pattern of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
The Central board has a three-Ianguage formula, as follows : One language has to be studied at a higher level and has to be offered for the public examination. In this school, while the medium is English this language will also be English. Two other languages have to be studied, one from class V to class VIII finishing with the internal examination given by the school. This language is Sanskrit. The other language, Hindi, is to be continued and may be dropped at the end of class ten.
Updated on: [August 30, 2017]