Amrita Public School an institute managed by C. D. Education Society, known for teaching and quality education, moral values, discipline, responsibility and respect for culture was conceptualized in the year 1987. It was inaugurated on Feb. 15, 1987 with a mere strength of eleven students only. The seed was sown by Mr Joginder Singh founder of APS to impart education to the downtrodden and needy inhabitants of Sangam Vihar . Now our strength is approx. Two Thousand Five Hundred (2500) students. The School was granted recognition up to primary stage vide Municipal Corporation of Delhi "Education Department" (MCD) vide its letter No. 314 Grants/Edu/93 w.e.f. 1st April 1993. The School took another step forward and got recognition up to upper middle level to VIII class by the Directorate of Education letter no. DE/50/Zone S.23/98-99/1619 dated 26-03-1998 w.e.f.1998-99 Session. The school was further upgraded from middle to secondary stage by Govt. of NCT Education Directorate vide letter No. 2520 dated Dec. 6th 2001. With the sincere efforts put in by the management and staff it is heartening to note the progress of the school which now also functions as a centre for conducting CBSE Examination for Secondary and Senior Secondary classes every year. The school has also joined hands with the Govt. of India by becoming accredited institute for National Institute of Open Schooling. Now next resolve of the school is to be upgraded up to Sr. Secondary in the near future.
Updated on: [August 12, 2018]