The school owes its existents to a large hearted, philanthropist Seth Hansraj Morarji and his equally noble and generous wife Smt Bai Kabibai. Their life history of rags to riches reads like a fairy tale. Shri Hansraj Morarji came to Mumbai from his native village in Gujarat with practically nothing except his honesty, sincerity, perseverance, assiduity and dedication which ultimately helped him forge well past his objective and before departing for heavenly abode he bequeathed a large some of money and considerable immovable property to his wife, Bai Kabibai. As the couple had no offspring, Smt Bai Kabibai on the advice of her close relations and well wishers decided to form a trust with the money and the property bequeathed. The trust was formed in 1939 with the stipulation that if would set up among other institutions a Public school. This idea materialised in the same year when Dr. K.M. Munshi, the then Home Minister of Mumbai, (as Maharastra state was then known) and chairman of Bai Kabibai and Hansraj Morarji Charity Trust, secured for the school a large plot of land at Andheri. A big plot of land was later taken over by the Government for locating a wireless station. The school now has a sprawling campus of nearly 28 acres.
Updated on: [June 15, 2018]