Established in 1965, Sacred Heart Convent School, Sarabha Nagar, Ludhiana, is administered by the Bethany Educational Society, Mangalore, a Christian Religious Minority Institution, registered under the Society's Registration Act XXI of 1860 (Registration No. 17 of 1948-1949.) The Society has its head office at Bethany Convent, Mangalore, Karnataka. All the members of the Bethany Educational Society are Catholic nuns belonging to the Congregation of the Sisters of the Little Flower of Bethany. The Society runs formal and non-formal educational institutions all over the country
Rt. Rev. Msgr. Raymond Francis Camillus Mascarenhas, the Founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Little Flower of Bethany, under whose patronage this school was established, was consumed by an indefatigable zeal for the education of the poor and marginalized specially the rural girls. He longed for the total emancipation of Indian women and was convinced that it could not be achieved without education. His spirit of service was supported by a strong scaffolding of prayer and faith in God. He was a man of vision and his penetrating vision enabled him to look far ahead, thus directing his work to fulfil the future needs. He was humble and compassionate. His charisma can be summarized in one phrase "service born out of love."
The school was founded on July 2,1965 by Mother Macrina B.S., the then President of Bethany Educational Society and the Superior General of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Little Flower of Bethany. The school was established primarily for the education of Catholic youth. It is also open for others, irrespective of caste, creed and religion.
Updated on: [August 26, 2019]