Subbiah Dharmanidhi which was founded in 1934 by the boundless munificence of Sri. AR.A.Subbiah Nadar (1871-1943) realized that emancipation of women was crucial in the progress of the society and decided to improve their education. Thus in 1937 Subbiah Vidyalayam named after the founder of the Trust was established to serve the needs of girl students in and around Thoothukudi. It was started with the loftly ideal of making them good responsible citizens of the nation.
Then the Managing Trustee Sri.AR.A.S.Arumugasamy Nadar along with his younger brothers Sri.AR.A.S.Duraisamy Nadar and Sri.S.Natarajan toiled in the building up of the institution to reach its crescendo. Sri.D.Shenbagamurthi who assumed office as Managing Trustee in 1968 devoted his life to the cause of a liberal education system for the Children. Sri.S.Natarajan during his tenure as Secretary constructed in 1965 the Indoor auditorium named after his nephew late Sri.D.Natesan. Sri.N.Rajagopalan as Secretary worked hard in improving the quality of teaching and helped in the progressivel development of the school.
Updated on: [February 11, 2019]