Jnanodayam Public School , Edakochi was established in 1995 with a view to cater the needs of the poor and downtrodden in and around Edakochi, who desires good education at an affordable cost. The school is sponsored by Jnanodayam Sabha, which was established in 1916 with traditional fishermen, the Dheevaras, as members. The founder of the Sabha was Kavithilakan Pandit K.P. karuppan, popularly known as "Karuppan Master" -who dedicated his life for the upliftment of the socio-economically and educationally backward communities.
The school is situated in a 4 acre land, 5 KM away from Thoppumpady on the main road side of Thoppumpady--Aroor NH 47. The South Railway station is just 10 KM away and the Vyttila Mobility Hub is only at 12 KM distance.
The school strives to provide meaningful and sound education to all the students and inculcates in them a sense of responsibility and patriotism, in order to prepare them to live and act as worthy citizens of the future.The school follows quality based, systematic procedures and methodologies, for the alround development of the children by giving equal importance to activities which will encourage the personal, intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth of the children.
Our dream is to develope the school as a centre of excellence where every child is treated as a competent individual capable of self --directed learning. By the application of digital technology and language laboratary, this institution has grown in leaps and bounds to become a temple of education.
Updated on: [September 21, 2018]