St. Maryís School, a minority (Catholic) institution from the time of its foundation on the present premises in 1864, has been under the management of the fathers of the Society of Jesus, a Religious Order of Roman Catholic Priests and Brothers. They are also known as the Jesuits.
It consists of two sections: an Anglo-Indian (ICSE) and an English teaching (S.S.C.), each with its separate building and staff. The two sections were formerly one school but since 1933 are two separate schools.
Education is imparted in pursuance of the ideals of the Society of Jesus, both for Catholics and for non-Catholics irrespective of race, community, caste, religion, language or social status.
Updated on: [November 15, 2017]