Kendriya Vidyalaya Ambarnath was established on 24 June 1965.
It functions as a two shift school with classes from 1 to 12 Science, Commerce and Humanities in the First shift and classes from 1 to 10 in the Second shift. The Second shift started from 08 August 2011.The main building was inaugurated in 1990. There are two more blocks one for secondary and the other for Sr secondary added later on. At present the strength of first shift is 1700 and second shift is 830.Staff strength is 100.
K.V. Ambarnath is spread over 15acres of land inside Ordnance Factory Ambarnath(West). The school is 2kms from Ambarnath railway station on the central railway Mumbai-Pune line.K .V. Ambarnath is one of the large schools of Mumbai Region and has a good academic record.With an increase in strength of students it needs many more facilities which we shall add soon.
Updated on: [May 06, 2020]