Fr. John Palau S.J. who had worked for many years in Bhavnagar, cherished hope to establish a convent school in the untapped soil of Bhavnagar and he proposed to different religious institutes in Spain.In 1953 the Institute of Carmelite Sisters of Charity responding to the call of Fr. John Palau sent five Sisters to Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
On the memorable 12th of February 1953 the five Sisters arrived on the soil of Bhavnagar. These noble pioneers were Sr. Zoila Ganzarain, Sr. Pilar Navarrete, Sr. Asuncion Escayola, Sr. Maria Ricart and Sr. Elvira Garcia. They fostered the idea of opening a school. And with untiring zeal, this small group of pioneers kept on shaping their ideal into a reality with the goodwill and warm welcome of the educational authorities, other officials and good citizens of Bhavnagar.
Their generous co-operation helped in the development of the school which grew in height, strength and beauty. The zeal and spirit of the pioneers spread far and wide, bringing more hands to the field of labour. The number of the students increased every year with their motto of “Service above self”.
Updated on: [September 07, 2017]