The Union Academy Senior Secondary School is proud of its glorious past which dates back to the eventful year of 1887 in which the "Bengalee Boys High School" was founded in Shimla. Thereafter on 22nd September 1934 in a public meeting in the Shimla Kali Bari Hall under the chairmanship of Sir Nripendra Nath Sircar, the then law member of the Viceroy's Executive Council, the decision of setting up a new high school for boys was taken which was also implemented the very year.
The name- "The Union Academy" reflects its non-denominational character which is free from all provincial prejudices and religious or communal bias.
The Academy is housed in its spacious building in New Delhi from 1939 onwards which was formally opened on the 13th December 1939 by Mr. E. M . Jenkins, CIE, ICS the then Chief Commisioner of Delhi. Since then the Academy is constantly accelerating ahead on the road to progress. Gradually it secured for itself permanent affiliation for its Primary lower and upper middle departments in 1940. For its secondary department in 1941 and upgraded itself as a Senior Secondary School under the 10+2 pattern in 1977. The governing body of the school has started a Nursery wing recently.
The academy has never looked back in its constant endeavour to provide good quality education and all-round development for the future citizens of the country. The Academy is proud of producing competent citizens who have proved their mettle by making their lives successful and securing a name for themselves and for the Academy.
The glorious saga of the Academy owes gigantically to an able management, inspiring Principals as brilliant team leaders and dedicated teachers and sincere staff who are always eager to try out new horizons.
Updated on: [June 06, 2018]